Prep Time: 30 Minutes ~ Cook Time: 3 Hours
Dolce de Leche
- 1 Tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place tin in a large pot and fill with cold water. With a lid on, bring to a boil and cook for three hours at a rolling boil. Let cool in water for half an hour remove from water and refrigerate.
- 350 Grams of Flour
- 4 Grams of Salt
- 14 Grams of Sugar
- 225 Grams of Butter
- 120 mls of Ice Water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Scale ingredients and cut butter into tiny cubes and mix dry ingredients together.
- Place dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse three times add the butter and pulse until mixture is becomes mealy.
- Slowly add the water while pulsing until mixture just comes together. The mixer should still be loose and not fully incorporated into a dough.
- Place two widths of saran wrap onto the table and turn mixture into the saran wrap. With some force bring the mixture together with your hands.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. Roll to desired thickness and place into tart shell.
- Bake at 400 F. for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown throughout. Let cool.
- 250 mls Heavy Cream
- 28 Grams Honey
- 219 Grams Semi Sweet (70%) Chocolate
- 109 Grams Butter
- 1-2 Bananas Thinly Cut
- Cut chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a large bowl with honey. In a small pot scald cream then pour over chocolate. Let stand for 3 min then with an immersion blender, blend mixture until silky smooth. Set mixture aside to cool at room temperature.
In the bottom of your tart shell lay a modest layer of dolce de leche. Please tart shell with dolce de leche into the freezer for 5 minutes. Remove tart shell from freezer and neatly layer bananas until dolce de leche is completely covered. Pour a modest layer of ganache over top of the bananas and place tart shell into refrigerator for chocolate to set.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla walnut ice cream