Artichoke, Goat’s Cheese, Lemon and Basil Toast
(Prep Time: 8-10 Minutes ~ Cook Time: None)
1 Cup of Canned, Jarred (or Cooked from Raw) Artichokes – If you choose to cook from raw, this will significantly change your prep time and cook time.
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
4 Large Basil Leafs Finely Chopped
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 Small Package of Goat’s Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Gluten-Free Bread of Your Preference **See Bottom of Page for More Information
1. Blend the artichokes in a food processor or finely chop with a knife.
2. Transfer finely chopped artichokes to a bowl and add lemon zest and finely chopped basil.
3. Add olive oil and mix ingredients together.
4. Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper as desired. Mix again. Adjust seasoning to desired preference.
5. Toast bread slices and spread the artichoke, lemon, basil mixture evenly over top of toast.
6. Crumble small chunks of cold Goat’s Cheese over spread.
7. Cut into desired shapes and add more cracked pepper and olive oil as needed.
**Chef Sean highly recommends “Gluten-Free” breads from The Artisan Bake Shoppe Ltd. Visit their page at artisanbakeshoppe.ca or choose any of your favourite online “Gluten-Free” bread recipes.