(Prep Time 10 Minutes ~ Cook Time 10 Minutes)
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce Cut in Half (Leaves Separated)
- 1 lb of Sable Fish Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Small Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Carrot Finely Chopped
- 4 Spears of Asparagus Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Rib of Celery Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed and Minced
- 1 1/4 Cups of Broccoli Finely Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 3 Tablespoons of Grape Seed Oil (May Substitute Any Other Cooking Oil ~ Peanut Oil Preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Asian Hot Sauce (Any Style)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- A Pinch of All-Spice
- 3 Tablespoons of Hoisin
- Crispy Shallots to Garnish (Optional ~ Found in Any Asian Store)
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large fry pan at medium/high (3/4 or between 7 and 8) for 45 seconds, add onions and cook until they start to brown (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in remaining vegetables. Cook for 30 seconds and add 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 2 minutes or until water is evaporated. Add 1 tablespoon of the Soy Sauce and cook until almost dry (another minute or so).
- Remove vegetables from pan and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with a paper towel.
- In the same fry pan (on high heat) add the remaining grape seed oil and heat for 1 minute. Add Sable Fish and cook for 1 minute. Add Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Hot Sauce and spices. Cook for another 2 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir the vegetables back into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in green onions.
- Serve garnished with crispy shallots.
**Chef Sean recommends adding 1 teaspoon of minced ginger, 1/4 cup of water chestnuts, 4 sprigs of roughly chopped cilantro and 3 tablespoons of crushed roasted peanuts (which we didn’t have in our fridge).***